Wiring Up the Scripting Language
I took some time to squash some bugs and clean up some of the scripting language code since last stream!
We're now in a solid place to start from today.
Use gdb watch to figure out why token kinds are being overwritten
Clean up some of the repeated patterns in the code
Fix issue with setting integer values
Verify that call expression eval from last time works after fixes
flux_vector library and move tokenizer code over to it
Some Thoughts on C
After dabbling with C on and off over the last couple of years and then spending a lot more time learning and using it recently, I've had the following thoughts:
- Immense power that requires good practices and tools
- It seems possible to design decent abstractions
- Possibly the most portable and transferrable language
- A fantastic basis for building your own platform or "universe"
- It does more than you think it does, but with the right balance of abstraction
- I really want to master this language
DONE Evaluate call expressions
DONE Add a basic REPL interface for live evaluation
DONE Hook up the REPL to Emacs
TODO Port previous Guile interface code over to the new language
TODO Finish writing the
TODO Get back to the tasks from the previous streams!
Code for this stream is here: https://github.com/FluxHarmonic/flux-compose/commit/1e67cf3d1b1c0de27271228cded824486294e34a